ACE actually has a blog with tips for people studying for their exams. This post saved my sanity. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like a friggin' genius, trying to memorize the names of muscles they can't even spell. The post lists exactly what we need to know from each chapter. THANK YOU!
Lets start at the beginning:
Chapter 1: The most important aspects of this chapter are the anatomical positions
- Anterior: Toward the front
- Posterior: Toward the back
- Inferior: Away from the head
- Medial: Toward the midline of the body
- Lateral: Away from the midline of the body
- Proximal: Toward the attached end of the limb
- Distal: Away from the attached end of the limb
and planes of motion;
- Sagittal: Vertical, Divides left from right.
- Frontal: Vertical, Divides front from back.
- Transverse: Horizontal, Divides top from bottom.
the segmental movements in the three planes;
- Horizontal Flexion
- Horizontal Extension
So that's it. Easy, right...lol...